Supporting public services reform and innovation in Ireland and Northern Ireland – The Goal Programme
The Goal Programme for Public Service Reform in Ireland and Northern Ireland aims to equip public servants to deliver change in public services in Ireland and Northern Ireland, in order to improve outcomes for people using services in areas such as health, education, mental health, children and young people.
- Collaborative practice in the Department of Education and Skills
- Using data to inform decision making in the Department of Education and Skills
- The Youth Mental Health Pathfinder Project in the Department of Health
- Children and Young Peoples Strategies in Northern Ireland
- The Innovation Lab in the Department of Finance, Northern Ireland
- Value for Money in the Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Leadership development in the Northern Ireland Civil Service
- Evaluation Training in the Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Knowledge Management in the Department of Health
CES is managing the Programme, which was funded by The Atlantic Philanthropies in its final phase of grant giving in Ireland. We are supporting the departments involved to implement their projects. We provide advice and support for outcomes focused, evidence informed policy and programme design. We are building skills and capacities in implementation, evaluation and innovation. We are supporting the development of leadership skills for sustainable change in publics services.
Learning, evaluation and dissemination are three important aspects of our role. We provide opportunities and events to share learning from the Programme, across project teams, government departments, and across jurisdictions. CES has commissioned an independent evaluation of the Programme, to support and inform future change initiatives in public service. Finally, CES is supporting departments involved in the Programme to share a range of tools, resources and approaches developed as part of the Programme.
February 26, 2019
November 27, 2018
November 27, 2018
March 01, 2015